Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

IN DISCUSSION  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate a Template option for setting out run group in Infoworks ICM

I am working on project which includes 50 models. where we have to give runs for different return periods and durations for each model. It is a time taking process, which unnecessarily create chances of error by creating run setup every time. is it possible to include a run set up template, which can be changed as per the user requirement and saved for the further use.?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include weirs and orifices in xpswmm ensemble statistics

Please include weirs and orifices in the ARR Ensemble Statistics summary. Currently, only conduits or natural channels are included.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Speed up the creation/amending of ICMTs

Creating or amending ICMTs is slow, especially if they contain ground models. Even deleting or creating new 'folder' items in ICMTs is slow. Speeding this process up would increase productivity.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support for overlapping roughness zones in 2D

I have a model that has masses of roughness polygons. invariably some of these overlap. I also have overlapping roughness zones where I have 'donut' features. My life would be SO much easier if meshing didn't fail when the roughness zones overlap. Can we p[ease have the restriction on these relaxed? If we have to specify a priority then that would be acceptable. It doesn't seem to be a problem with HEC-RAS or TUFLOW.... :-)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set up runs more efficiently

Is there a matrix type tool in ICM that allows you to easily set up complicated run set ups? i.e. for this 1 Model Network, these runs with use these rainfall files, inflow files, WWG, etc are needed.

Model Name
    Base Model

Rainfall Inflow WWG Tradeflows
    M5-30 Inf-M5-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-240 Inf-M5-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-960 Inf-M5-960 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-30 Inf-M10-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-240 Inf-M10-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-960Inf-M10-960 WWG1 Trade1

With same timesteps and 2D parameters?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Excel autosum and average in the Grid window

It would be useful to get an autosum of a selection in the grid window at the bottom of the screen in much the same way Excel does. I know this can be done using the Overview function. But would be quicker and easier if it appeared in the panel at the bottom. i.e. if I was to select the population of a few subcatchments I would quickly be able to see the population. Perhaps also, if I changed scenarios I might be able to view changes in population between growth scenarios. Not essential, but nice to have.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for multiple screens

Would like to be able to work across multiple screens - plan view on one screen and long section/grid/graph on another.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are investigating how this might be achieved, but initial indicators are showing that this is a very significant technical effort to complete so would need to be done over several releases.

11. Part load ICM results

It would be helpful if you could open a specific part of a results file for a completed simulation run. For instance, schedule and complete a 10 year timeseries run but only load the last year of results.

As others have mentioned on here, the option to open part of a bigger results file would limit the unnecessary long regeneration times, you could pick which variables you would like to load e.g. runoff only or depths and flows, and you could perform reports on part of the results.

I appreciate I can run shorter periods i.e. yearly data rather than…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Additional keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts can really help speed up processes and workflows in InfoWorks ICM but some of the menu options do not yet have these. Would it be possible to add the missing keyboard shortcuts, specifically for repeatable tasks such as updating objects from ground models?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Python scripting API for ICM

Our team uses Python scripting extensively for data analysis and manipulation, while Ruby is foreign to us.
    Please provide scripting support for Python for model manipulation and analysis.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Select which result variables you want to save

The more functionalities become available in ICM, the larger results files grow and the less manageable they become (especially when running longer time series). In most cases people are only interested in very specific results (e.g. depth, flows, ... and not such things as all the detailed runoff components). So if one would be able to select at the simulation schedule which variables were to be stored), results file sizes (and hence results querying !) could be reduced enormeously.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save toolbar and screen configurations and locations

I run InfoWorks on my laptop, and have an external monitor. I find I'm often searching for toolbar buttons because switching between the two monitors of different sizes re-configures the locations of the various toolbars and screens.

For example, on my external monitor there is enough room to have the User Actions toolbar displaying, but my laptop is smaller and there is no longer enough room for it, so instead of two rows it bumps down to three and moves my toolbars all around. Adding in profiles or even a scrollable space for the toolbars so the ones to the…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Validation as a background task

Validation as a background task so UI isn't locked.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have spent quite a bit of time investigating how validation improvements might be achieved, whether that be through validation as a background task or whether it be with improvements on the speed of validation in the first place.

There is no silver bullet which has been identified so far, the validation is already very efficient with minimal potential for speed improvements and there are issues with it as a background task as previously mentioned which we haven’t got fully fledged solutions to yet.

17. Partially complete a simulation and review results and then opt to continue the simulation

Simulations often take a long time to run. I would like to be able to "pause" the simulation and review the results to check that the initialisation is correct, or that an RTC is working properly, and if I am happy then continue the simulation to completion.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The approach which we are looking to leverage here is one which deviates a little from the original request but gives the same ability to interrogate results part way through a simulation. After investigating options, the best appears to be to have a run for the total duration you are interested in, then set a state saving checkbox in the run and when you wish to interrogate simulation results stop the simulation. We will then make use of ICMLive developed concatenation of results to allow us to tie in the “continuation run” with the results which were stopped earlier. There is a lot more detail to this than I can add here, but it should meet the need.

18. Drag and drop ruby

The ability to drag and drop ruby scripts from the file system into the ICM window in order to execute them.

This will not only be useful for day to day use of using ruby scripts but will also be useful for 3rd party (and open source) applications like InfoLab

https://github.com/sancarn/InfoLab

Currently in order to inject ruby scripts into the UI we have to use open up Network tab and execute the "Run Ruby Script" button's default action. Creating a drop event onto ICM would be significantly easier and is extremely easy to implement (a few hours)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ICM sims updated with better control on sims outcome

I think waiting a big time for a sim to be done and then because the sim results disk gets full, loosing all of the simulated data is something that should be prevented from the time someone sends the simulation. A warning should be issued when you send the sim, looking at the remaining free disk size, Also maybe showing a estimation of how much space you will need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable remote simulations with state files without local agent being active

When running (very) long time series, we often split up simulations in shorter blocks and link them via final/initial states (mainly to prevent total loss of results in case something happens near the end of the simulation, and to make results more manageable). However, when we schedule such a "chain of simulations" to remote server and also have the results stored remotely, the chain is still interrupted as soon as the local agent from where they were launched is stopped (e.g. because the local pc is shutdown). As the whole chain can take days or weeks to run, this is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base