Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Model results as TVD connectors

We'd like to have model results as an input in the TVD connectors. An example is where we have observed flows that we would like to use at a tributary and then switch to catchment flows when the observations run out. We know this can be done using a set up of sluices and dummy objects but it would be a lot more elegant to simply have the subcatchment as Input B. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of where using model results as an input would be useful.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Directory structure on Workgroup Data Server

We are working with more and more people, projects and countries on the same Workgroup Data Server, as the cost of a new server for each country are quite high. Unfortunately, there is no way to somehow make a directory structure on the Workgroup Data Server so we can arrange things by country for example. For now, a country prefix in front of a project works, but with hundreds of projects on the server this is not optimal.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calculating volume storage on river reaches

In the application of ICM, we often count the regulation volume of river channels.But at the moment we can only calculatethe total available volume of channels/river reaches between two cross sections by using length and cross sectional areas.If the number of river sections is very large in the model,it will take a lot of time and effort to accomplish this work. It would be great to have the tool to calculate volume storage on river reaches automatically.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Statistic Report Batch Processing

As a use the ability to 'schedule' statistical reports would be extremely useful. currently if i'm generating a spill report on several overflows for a 10yr TSR series this can take several hours. The process effectively locks the software and prevents any other operation from been undertaken. This is highly inefficient and costly especially when optioneering if several iterations are needed. Shorter TSR's can be run in this case however even a year with several CSO's can take 20-30mins.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sim Slots

There should be an option to select to limit sim slots to be used by a model so other models dont go in waiting when running sims simulataneously .

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello there,

If my understanding of the request is correct then I believe that this capability does already exist in the agent options. If you are able to start the InfoWorks ICM agent manager, then here it is possible to set a maximum number of concurrent simulations which can be active at any one time.

Thanks,
    Pascal

9. License management functions

As ICM is fundamentally a workgroup environment, so shared across multiple offices and multiple users, we need to be able to understand license usage of user interfaces and simulation engines. We need ICM to log usage so we can then develop tools to interpret that information or build this into ICM so we can see usage. We often have instances when users cannot get licenses but there is no way to log this so we can establish a business case for purchasing more licenses. Similar with simulation engines we need to be able to report usage to demonstrate the need…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking at licensing improvements which can be leveraged, we might not be able to get all the specific information requested but are looking to make improvements which would help drive a better understanding of the seat utilisation.

10. Include weirs and orifices in xpswmm ensemble statistics

Please include weirs and orifices in the ARR Ensemble Statistics summary. Currently, only conduits or natural channels are included.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate a Template option for setting out run group in Infoworks ICM

I am working on project which includes 50 models. where we have to give runs for different return periods and durations for each model. It is a time taking process, which unnecessarily create chances of error by creating run setup every time. is it possible to include a run set up template, which can be changed as per the user requirement and saved for the further use.?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to access databases where Workgroup Data Server and databases don't reside on same server

With the large amounts of data generated it would be beneficial if a supported configuration would be to have a WDS installed on a server but pointing at databases (and solves etc) over the network on a remote storage system (such as NAS). This would make the whole solution far more scalable as the need arose.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have multiple Workgroup Data Servers

I want to be able to segregate databases between different parts of the business so they only have visibility of, and access those specific to them. Having the ability to install multiple WDS on a single server makes sense from a cost/configuration/data segregation perspective but currently this isn't possible.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. UNDO Button

We all make mistakes!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Speed up the creation/amending of ICMTs

Creating or amending ICMTs is slow, especially if they contain ground models. Even deleting or creating new 'folder' items in ICMTs is slow. Speeding this process up would increase productivity.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support for overlapping roughness zones in 2D

I have a model that has masses of roughness polygons. invariably some of these overlap. I also have overlapping roughness zones where I have 'donut' features. My life would be SO much easier if meshing didn't fail when the roughness zones overlap. Can we p[ease have the restriction on these relaxed? If we have to specify a priority then that would be acceptable. It doesn't seem to be a problem with HEC-RAS or TUFLOW.... :-)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want Long-Sections of a pipe to show the unconnected pipes which cross

On a Long-Section of a pipe, I would like ICM to show the unconnected pipes which cross that long-section. This would illustrate potential pipe clashes.

I imagine the unconnected pipes would be shown as circles on the long-section similar to how connected pipes are currently shown.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting idea.

We need more information on the problem of pipe clashes. Are these unconnected pipes in the model or are they referencing Asset networks, or Water networks?

How granular of a view does one need? I.e. are you interesting in generally where these crossing occur, or are you trying to identify how close you can cross something else?

19. Set up runs more efficiently

Is there a matrix type tool in ICM that allows you to easily set up complicated run set ups? i.e. for this 1 Model Network, these runs with use these rainfall files, inflow files, WWG, etc are needed.

Model Name
    Base Model

Rainfall Inflow WWG Tradeflows
    M5-30 Inf-M5-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-240 Inf-M5-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-960 Inf-M5-960 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-30 Inf-M10-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-240 Inf-M10-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-960Inf-M10-960 WWG1 Trade1

With same timesteps and 2D parameters?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel autosum and average in the Grid window

It would be useful to get an autosum of a selection in the grid window at the bottom of the screen in much the same way Excel does. I know this can be done using the Overview function. But would be quicker and easier if it appeared in the panel at the bottom. i.e. if I was to select the population of a few subcatchments I would quickly be able to see the population. Perhaps also, if I changed scenarios I might be able to view changes in population between growth scenarios. Not essential, but nice to have.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base