Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have multiple Workgroup Data Servers

I want to be able to segregate databases between different parts of the business so they only have visibility of, and access those specific to them. Having the ability to install multiple WDS on a single server makes sense from a cost/configuration/data segregation perspective but currently this isn't possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate a Template option for setting out run group in Infoworks ICM

I am working on project which includes 50 models. where we have to give runs for different return periods and durations for each model. It is a time taking process, which unnecessarily create chances of error by creating run setup every time. is it possible to include a run set up template, which can be changed as per the user requirement and saved for the further use.?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speed up the creation/amending of ICMTs

Creating or amending ICMTs is slow, especially if they contain ground models. Even deleting or creating new 'folder' items in ICMTs is slow. Speeding this process up would increase productivity.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change Variable Speed Pumps Image

The image for Variable Speed Pumps under the "Other Special Diversion Examples" section is likely wrong. Looks like it is a copy of the image for Pump discharge pipes. Would be great if you could update with the right image! Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Attribute table copy function

A better copy function between networks might be usefull: e.g. Also copy the 'link head discharge' or 'conduit shape geometry' tables when copying a link from one network to an other. Or at least a popup allowing you to select which lists to copy or not.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assign Channel shape from ground model using cross section

In ICM I can sample elevations from ground model to cross section line and use that for river reaches, but sometimes I just want to use simple Channel links or maybe I'm using the SWMM engine which doesn't have rivers.

I want to pull the channel shape profile from a cross section line on the map to quickly configure simple 1D storm systems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Excel autosum and average in the Grid window

It would be useful to get an autosum of a selection in the grid window at the bottom of the screen in much the same way Excel does. I know this can be done using the Overview function. But would be quicker and easier if it appeared in the panel at the bottom. i.e. if I was to select the population of a few subcatchments I would quickly be able to see the population. Perhaps also, if I changed scenarios I might be able to view changes in population between growth scenarios. Not essential, but nice to have.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Net rainfall results

Can we please have net/effective rainfall as a result?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set up runs more efficiently

Is there a matrix type tool in ICM that allows you to easily set up complicated run set ups? i.e. for this 1 Model Network, these runs with use these rainfall files, inflow files, WWG, etc are needed.

Model Name
    Base Model

Rainfall Inflow WWG Tradeflows
    M5-30 Inf-M5-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-240 Inf-M5-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-960 Inf-M5-960 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-30 Inf-M10-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-240 Inf-M10-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-960Inf-M10-960 WWG1 Trade1

With same timesteps and 2D parameters?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. UNDO Button

We all make mistakes!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Detention Time Modelling

We would like the model to calculate detention time of sewer in a simulation. The idea is similar to water age calculation in WS. The aim is to use this as a proxy for odour study, in essence we would like to be able to create thematic maps to show where sewer is older, where it gets diluted with fresh, non-pumped, sewer and so on

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for overlapping roughness zones in 2D

I have a model that has masses of roughness polygons. invariably some of these overlap. I also have overlapping roughness zones where I have 'donut' features. My life would be SO much easier if meshing didn't fail when the roughness zones overlap. Can we p[ease have the restriction on these relaxed? If we have to specify a priority then that would be acceptable. It doesn't seem to be a problem with HEC-RAS or TUFLOW.... :-)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. XPSWMM Inlet capacity - head difference rating or geometry-based inlets

Inlet capacity creates a second node internally to XPSWMM. Currently, the rating curve methods for it are calculated based on node depth, rather than head differential, which doesn’t work right with 2D if the storm sewer HGL is above the gutter.

I really like how inlet capacity doesn’t require adding an extra node. I would like to suggest it be expanded as follows:

1) Simply add a head differential rating curve.

2) Add a structure-based option for inlets,

For a structure-based inlet, it could essentially be a multi-link. I would like to have a global database of standard inlet types…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. As an organisation we would like to export the data exposed in show details view

As an organisation we would like to export the data exposed in show details view in order to assist with reporting in relation disc storage/ utilisation i.e. ID associated with Model Group.
    We store all our DAP models within a single Db so collecting manually is time consuming

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for multiple screens

Would like to be able to work across multiple screens - plan view on one screen and long section/grid/graph on another.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Python scripting API for ICM

Our team uses Python scripting extensively for data analysis and manipulation, while Ruby is foreign to us.
    Please provide scripting support for Python for model manipulation and analysis.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Incorporate ARR2019 Initial Loss & Continuing Loss (IL/CL) infilitration type for 2D Infiltration surfaces

ICM currently allows 4 infiltration types in 2D infiltration types:

-fixed
    -Horton
    -Constinf
    -GreenAmpt

Australian Rainfall and Runoff 2019 talks default initial loss and continuing loss parameters for rural catchments, values for which which can be found in the BOM data hub.

A new 2D infiltration type which allows the simple IL/CL would allow 2D modelling more inline with ARR2019.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can the simulation log file be broken up into sections

Can the simulation log file be broken up into sections, as models get bigger and many with several 2d zone trying to find what is actual causing a simulations failure is becoming a bit more difficult having to scroll through big log files for that one line of information. Im thinking a summary sheet on why sim failed, along with a 1d, 2d possible river as well. Would help you look for issues.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Validation of Bridge data

When a model is validated, it doesn't pick up on problems with bridges, that prevent the model from running. For example, the error "bed section is above soffit" is given when trying to run the model, but does not appear in the validation messages. Also, when cross section lines were changed, the validation messages do not mention you having to update the bridge (as they do with the reaches).
    A better bridge validation would be very useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Better performance and functionalities of the recycle bin

In a workgroup database, the Recycle Bin today is more a nuisance than a useful feature. When there are too many items in it, it can delay the connection to the database considerably or even make it impossible to connect. The functionalities for selectively restoring or removing items are also very poor. E.g. you cannot select on the user who deleted items, or find the original path in the database where items were deleted from. The only real use is when you accidentally delete something and restore it immediately, but then maybe a personalised recycle bin which only exists during…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base