Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want the Show Maxima function to apply to Pipe Shear Stress

Currently, the "Show Maxima" results button doesn't apply to pipe Shear Stress (calculated through QM, Quality Module).

It seems pipe Shear Stress is the only thing that Shear Stress is the only thing the "Show Maxima" results button doesn't apply to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TVD connector input fields longer than 64 characters

The "input" fields for TVD connectors are currently limited to 64 characters. I have TSDB streams with names longer than 64 characters, and I would like to be able to use those streams as inputs to the TVD connectors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Python scripting API for ICM

Our team uses Python scripting extensively for data analysis and manipulation, while Ruby is foreign to us.
    Please provide scripting support for Python for model manipulation and analysis.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want Long-Sections of a pipe to show the unconnected pipes which cross

On a Long-Section of a pipe, I would like ICM to show the unconnected pipes which cross that long-section. This would illustrate potential pipe clashes.

I imagine the unconnected pipes would be shown as circles on the long-section similar to how connected pipes are currently shown.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting idea.

We need more information on the problem of pipe clashes. Are these unconnected pipes in the model or are they referencing Asset networks, or Water networks?

How granular of a view does one need? I.e. are you interesting in generally where these crossing occur, or are you trying to identify how close you can cross something else?

5. UNDO Button

We all make mistakes!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Apply rain gauge boundaries to multiple rainfall events

I would like to load rain gauge boundaries to multiple rainfall events at once. I have had to import rainfall profiles from .csv files and I have lots of durations and return periods. Saving the rain gauge boundaries to each file is time consuming. Having a batch tool where the appropriate rainfall events are loaded at the same time would speed up this process in the future.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this request, for application to 1D networks the profile for subcatchments could be used but if the rainfall needs to be applied to a 2D zone as well where spatial distribution is required then in that instance this wouldn’t work I guess so I see the need here.

7. Export of simulation log files from ICMLive

We'd like the log file to be automatically exported as part of the live modelling workflows. This log file contains important information pertaining to the TSDBs that we would like to use in some additional post-processing. Could this be part of the manifest export process?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Application of design storms in ICMLive

We'd like to be able to predefine some design storms in ICMLive (note that this is NOT the same as design rainfall in ICM). The idea is that we'd have these storms that could be optionally applied by operators to see the likely effect of a rainfall event. Essentially we are looking for the same functionality that existed in FloodWorks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use of cfg for mapping in Polygon Generation via Intersection or have a Ruby do it

In doing (and often multiple redoing) the Polygon Generation via Intersection, it would be very useful to have the opportunity to save the mapping (which GIS or Network Field in which Polygon field) in a cfg file, like the ODEC feature has the opportunity to save the mapping.
    As an alternative it would also be very useful to be able to run a Ruby which activates the Polygon Generation via Intersection and even the Area Take Off features.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add node level (hydraulic grade line) data to custom graphs for calibration

Allow for the ability to compare observed and predicted level data (or hydraulic grade lines) at nodes. Instead of depth in the pipe, I typically have water surface elevations at a node, specifically for treatment plant hydraulic modeling.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Calibration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for overlapping roughness zones in 2D

I have a model that has masses of roughness polygons. invariably some of these overlap. I also have overlapping roughness zones where I have 'donut' features. My life would be SO much easier if meshing didn't fail when the roughness zones overlap. Can we p[ease have the restriction on these relaxed? If we have to specify a priority then that would be acceptable. It doesn't seem to be a problem with HEC-RAS or TUFLOW.... :-)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Increased number of user pollutants

We would like to be able to trace pollutant sources through our 2D model. The way to do this would be to use the user defined pollutants . But... at the moment there are only four pollutants and potentially we'd have many different sources that we'd like to track. Can the number of user pollutants be increased? We can't give a number that this would need to be increased but it could be several hundred.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Water Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this, I assume that as long as the end goal of being able to trace a significant number of sources through the 2D is met this would be sufficient? As in it is not actually pollutants you wish to be able to trace but rather the source of flows?

15. Set database management permissions

(Workgroup) database permissions are now mainly used to prevent users from modifying content within the database, but there is currently no way to prevent them from updating databases, creating new ones unlimitedly on servers with otherwise protected access etc. It would therefore be useful to have an additional security level which deals with database management permissions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this request.

There are already settings available for database creation permissions which can be implemented using the snumbat.ini file.

Specifically there is a keyword “AllowDatabaseCreation” where a setting of 0 means creation is disallowed and a settings of 1 means creation is allowed. The Workgroup Data Server Administration document which can be requested from Innovyze talks through these steps and provides examples for the snumbat.ini files.

When it comes to the updating of databases, is this to restrict the ability to update from a particular software version database to a later one or rather to prevent update to the contents of the database please?

Thanks,
    Pascal

16. Structure flow mode reported in the results

Sometimes when evaluating results at structures we see strange results that require investigation; invariably we find out that this is because the flow mode has changed. (e.g. from free to drowned). It would be very helpful if the ICM results were able to report the flow mode as a time-varying output. This would result in a lot of time saving when investigating models. For reference I am referring to the Flow Mode functionality that is available in InfoWorks RS and Flood Modeller Pro.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enhance import/export of SWMM models for ICM platform

Enhance model import from SWMM5 INP files to include a few of the Open Data Import Center /Open Data Export Center options:
    • Only update existing records
    • Ignore existing objects
    • Overwrite, Merge, etc.
    • Export Selection only
    Ultimately we want to have a central model copy but have the ability to easily push out and in simple EPASWMM INP files for developers and others. When a new SWMM INP file comes back from another modeler, we’d like a good way to update the existing model from that.
    It would be great if this applied to both SWMM and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Speed up interfaces with 2D zones with millions of elements (make it a multicore process)

The interface for large 1D-2D models is very slow. While moving through the geoplan every time it takes about ten seconds to load and show the location. We noticed that in this time only 1 of the 32 CPU is used for 100%. We tried 2 complete different videocards (Quadro K2000 vs Quadro M6000 24GB) but that did not make any difference (both slow). The interface/geoplan works fine when we do not display the 2D zone. We tried lot of things that were suggested by your supportdesk, but it seems like that this is something that will only really improve…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. InfoSWMM from InfoSewer should allow the user to pick a scenario on import. It is a feature of InfoSWMM to convert an InfoSewer MXD and IE

We only allow the user to import the active scenario in InfoSewer. If a user does not have InfoSewer then he or she must guess which is the active scenario. It would better to have a dialog to allow the user to import their selected and needed scenario.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Part load ICM results

It would be helpful if you could open a specific part of a results file for a completed simulation run. For instance, schedule and complete a 10 year timeseries run but only load the last year of results.

As others have mentioned on here, the option to open part of a bigger results file would limit the unnecessary long regeneration times, you could pick which variables you would like to load e.g. runoff only or depths and flows, and you could perform reports on part of the results.

I appreciate I can run shorter periods i.e. yearly data rather than…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base