Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hyperlinks to specific pages not just files/documents

When adding hyperlinks to features within the properties, enable the ability to link to a specific page within the document itself rather than just a folder location or document opening on the first page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be great to add PMP (probable maximum precipitation) calculator to XPSWMM and XPSTORM

It would be great to add PMP (probable maximum precipitation) calculator to XPSWMM and XPSTORM

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for Hong Kong Observatory Rainfall Data

The Hong Kong Observatory is the authority responsible for producing observed and forecast rainfall data for the territory. Their data is produced in a format not currently supported in ICMLive so we have to convert it into shape files to be used. Direct reading of this data would enable both more efficient data loading processes as well as reducing the potential for errors.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Only update interpreted points on Bank Line when updating from Ground Model

When updating bank lines from ground model it would be useful to have an option was available to only update the interpreted points, therefore retaining vertices heights from cross sections and surveyed points. Or an option to easily delete the interpreted points, so they can be updated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WBNM Hydrology Method in ICM

Australian flood modelling user have requested access to the WBNM hydrology method inside InfoWorks ICM. WBNM is one of the endorsed methods in Australian Rainfall & Runoff and large numbers of historical studies use this method.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. RORB Hydrology Method in ICM

InfoWorks ICM currently has the RAFTS Hydrological Routing method, but as a flood modelling user, I would like access to the RORB method as an option inside ICM. It is a similar method to RAFTS and would help endorsement of the software where RORB hydrology is a requirement.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Variable 2D roughness at low depths

When applying direct rainfall onto 2D zones traditional roughness values do not typically apply, especially where the depths of water on the mesh element are very small. Often the workaround is to apply much higher roughness values in order to 'slow the flow'. It would be helpful to have a depth varying roughness that could be phased out as the water depth increases. This would put ICM in line with how TUFLOW and Flood Modeller Pro deal with the problem.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automated Calibration Tool

Tool similar to competing software where you can apply a level (%) of uncertainty and automatically sun simulations with varied parameters withing that level of uncertainty and see all results at once.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Calibration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Inserting channels into topography

Being able to insert channels into terrain rather than editing in 12D or other software would be more practical for smaller firms to turn around modelling ideas.

Landscape packages allow terrain meshes to be manipulated with tools that sink into mesh easily. Channels and swales need slope, not simply vertical depression to model correctly. XPStorm allows 1D modelling but this isn't useful for presentations and Civil 3d and 12d are catching up quickly now that rational method is being phased out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ground Surface Comparison with sceanarios

I am trying to calculate the excavation/fill volume by comparing my existing model with the proposed one. I know we can open simulation results with “As alternate results for comparison” which allows us to compare flooding depth from two different scenarios. I expect to have something like this for ground surface as well so that we can see the different ground elevation visually and/or numerically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  Terrain  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like the option to model pump station that operate using VFDs.

I would like to be able to enter the full and reduced speed pump curves for each pump station that is controlled by variable frequency drives. In addition, I would need the set point or control that causes the pumps to ramp up to full speed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate a Template option for setting out run group in Infoworks ICM

I am working on project which includes 50 models. where we have to give runs for different return periods and durations for each model. It is a time taking process, which unnecessarily create chances of error by creating run setup every time. is it possible to include a run set up template, which can be changed as per the user requirement and saved for the further use.?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SuDS Structures ID Table

Is there a way to generate a table that lists all Suds Structures IDs? I would like to see this so that I can review total area applied, make changes quickly, and also complete QA checks easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Merge radar and rain gauge data for accurate spatial rainfall assignment

I would like to use radar rainfall like NEXRAD and spatially correct it to my rain gauge network locally before applying the rainfall in my model.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Optional channel to river reachs option

The way ICM identifies the centre-line of the river reach is by using the point with the lowest invert level. Regardless of the shape of the channels of how much is the value of the X coordinate, didn't affect the appearance of the section to generate, I hope to be able to add a function, can recognize the center line of the river, and the X coordinate is used to define a mapping point distance from the centerline of the channel of the (negative value on behalf of the center line on the left side of the river, when the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Auto-space custom labels

We use custom labels a lot in reporting how we model ancillaries, and for complex assets spend a long time adjusting labels so they don't overlap and do show up properly.
    It would be great if a more "smart" label engine could be used so that labels don't overlap each other, and a few simple other rules e.g. as close to the object as possible, avoid line crossing, and automatically show any newly generated label within the current view extent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support for different table schemas from SQL Server in the TSDB

We have a SQL Server database containing flow survey and rainfall data. All of the raw data is saved in one table and views are created for each monitor via a stored procedure,

We use schemas to control permissions on the database tables. Only the database owner can add or delete to the raw table (dbo schema) while any user can read from the views ("user interface" schema).

Currently, TSDB can see tables in any schema but can only read from those in the default (dbo) schema. Therefore, an error happens when trying to read from a view that has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pipe collision check

Client feedback: an automatic check for colliding pipes would be highly appreciated to avoid nightmares in the construction.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Infoworks ICM cross section

Provide a function to easily assess cross sections of the ground model, similar to the XPSWMM function

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base