Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want Long-Sections of a pipe to show the unconnected pipes which cross

On a Long-Section of a pipe, I would like ICM to show the unconnected pipes which cross that long-section. This would illustrate potential pipe clashes.

I imagine the unconnected pipes would be shown as circles on the long-section similar to how connected pipes are currently shown.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting idea.

We need more information on the problem of pipe clashes. Are these unconnected pipes in the model or are they referencing Asset networks, or Water networks?

How granular of a view does one need? I.e. are you interesting in generally where these crossing occur, or are you trying to identify how close you can cross something else?

2. Enhance import/export of SWMM models for ICM platform

Enhance model import from SWMM5 INP files to include a few of the Open Data Import Center /Open Data Export Center options:
    • Only update existing records
    • Ignore existing objects
    • Overwrite, Merge, etc.
    • Export Selection only
    Ultimately we want to have a central model copy but have the ability to easily push out and in simple EPASWMM INP files for developers and others. When a new SWMM INP file comes back from another modeler, we’d like a good way to update the existing model from that.
    It would be great if this applied to both SWMM and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Interpolation of levels

It happens too often that while merging different models, you suddenly need a different timestep for your level-file. The only way to do this now, is remake your level completely. It would be better to (when changing the timestep of your level) ICM would ask what do : automatically interpolate the new in between time steps, put the in between time steps on zero,...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In ICM add AutoCAD layers to usertext1 on import

When importing from autocad layer mapping can be used to create a model layout for things like 2D Mesh zones but all created objects are null. I have written an SQL to apply parameters to all null mesh zones and roughness zones and import each layer individually. If the autocad layer was written to usertext1 I could import all at once with a saved layer mapping and then enter all parameters by selecting usertext1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Infoworks ICM - Import CAD files

Import CAD files as a background, network, and/or to be able to utilise it to create a surface from.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Inserting channels into topography

Being able to insert channels into terrain rather than editing in 12D or other software would be more practical for smaller firms to turn around modelling ideas.

Landscape packages allow terrain meshes to be manipulated with tools that sink into mesh easily. Channels and swales need slope, not simply vertical depression to model correctly. XPStorm allows 1D modelling but this isn't useful for presentations and Civil 3d and 12d are catching up quickly now that rational method is being phased out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ground Surface Comparison with sceanarios

I am trying to calculate the excavation/fill volume by comparing my existing model with the proposed one. I know we can open simulation results with “As alternate results for comparison” which allows us to compare flooding depth from two different scenarios. I expect to have something like this for ground surface as well so that we can see the different ground elevation visually and/or numerically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  Terrain  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base