Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. License management functions

As ICM is fundamentally a workgroup environment, so shared across multiple offices and multiple users, we need to be able to understand license usage of user interfaces and simulation engines. We need ICM to log usage so we can then develop tools to interpret that information or build this into ICM so we can see usage. We often have instances when users cannot get licenses but there is no way to log this so we can establish a business case for purchasing more licenses. Similar with simulation engines we need to be able to report usage to demonstrate the need…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking at licensing improvements which can be leveraged, we might not be able to get all the specific information requested but are looking to make improvements which would help drive a better understanding of the seat utilisation.

2. Excel autosum and average in the Grid window

It would be useful to get an autosum of a selection in the grid window at the bottom of the screen in much the same way Excel does. I know this can be done using the Overview function. But would be quicker and easier if it appeared in the panel at the bottom. i.e. if I was to select the population of a few subcatchments I would quickly be able to see the population. Perhaps also, if I changed scenarios I might be able to view changes in population between growth scenarios. Not essential, but nice to have.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for multiple screens

Would like to be able to work across multiple screens - plan view on one screen and long section/grid/graph on another.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are investigating how this might be achieved, but initial indicators are showing that this is a very significant technical effort to complete so would need to be done over several releases.

4. Partially complete a simulation and review results and then opt to continue the simulation

Simulations often take a long time to run. I would like to be able to "pause" the simulation and review the results to check that the initialisation is correct, or that an RTC is working properly, and if I am happy then continue the simulation to completion.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The approach which we are looking to leverage here is one which deviates a little from the original request but gives the same ability to interrogate results part way through a simulation. After investigating options, the best appears to be to have a run for the total duration you are interested in, then set a state saving checkbox in the run and when you wish to interrogate simulation results stop the simulation. We will then make use of ICMLive developed concatenation of results to allow us to tie in the “continuation run” with the results which were stopped earlier. There is a lot more detail to this than I can add here, but it should meet the need.

5. Adjust mesh locally without remeshing all

Adjust mesh locally without having to remesh the entire 2D zone.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking into this, but for the majority of cases it might be that there is already a significant improvement related to this with the new “Clip meshing” which was released with version 11.0 of the software, but in a prototype state, please ensure outputs are reviewed before use. The reason it provides an improvement is that it does a coarse mesh first (which is likely to remain unchanged if only small amendments are made) and follows this with a more detailed mesh after. It would be great to get any feedback you might have on your experiences with the Clip meshing and consistency of results.

6. Transfer roughness values after cross section extension

When a cross section is extended, the roughness values are not populated automatically when it is probably valid in a significant number of cases to carry forward the existing roughnesses of the cross section end points.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base