Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

IN DISCUSSION  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show data errors

Mike + added a function called "show data errors" in its new product in 2021, which can display objects that lack necessary field information and generate a table. This function can improve the ability of model engineers to deal with model errors more quickly. I hope ICM can add this function

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Run SQL Query across multiple simulation results

Similar to how ICM lets me run a SQL query across multiple networks, I want to use SQL to summarize results in a custom way across multiple simulation results objects.

Ideally they could be joined in one table similar to the way one can query from sim.depnode and sim2.depnode when an alternate results is applied to the map. But simply running a query on each simulation in isolation would be helpful as well

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include weirs and orifices in xpswmm ensemble statistics

Please include weirs and orifices in the ARR Ensemble Statistics summary. Currently, only conduits or natural channels are included.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SQL in run dialog box to select gauged objects

Using SQL to select gauged objects would allow their dynamic selection based on object properties, not just from a static list. This is an issue when testing scenarios if field names are added/changed. It is further compounded by selection lists becoming read-only after being used in a simulation, prompting a proliferation of duplicate selection list objects to update the list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Restrict use of a simulation server to specific users - to give priority to certain workflows

In a workgroup setting with ICM with several simulation servers it is possible to limit a named group of simulation servers (a "group" can be just one server) for use with specific ICM model databases.

We would like to be able to limit use of a server group to specific users who will be working on many databases over a period of time. We don't want to restrict other users from running models in these databases; they can run on other servers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate a Template option for setting out run group in Infoworks ICM

I am working on project which includes 50 models. where we have to give runs for different return periods and durations for each model. It is a time taking process, which unnecessarily create chances of error by creating run setup every time. is it possible to include a run set up template, which can be changed as per the user requirement and saved for the further use.?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Speed up the creation/amending of ICMTs

Creating or amending ICMTs is slow, especially if they contain ground models. Even deleting or creating new 'folder' items in ICMTs is slow. Speeding this process up would increase productivity.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel autosum and average in the Grid window

It would be useful to get an autosum of a selection in the grid window at the bottom of the screen in much the same way Excel does. I know this can be done using the Overview function. But would be quicker and easier if it appeared in the panel at the bottom. i.e. if I was to select the population of a few subcatchments I would quickly be able to see the population. Perhaps also, if I changed scenarios I might be able to view changes in population between growth scenarios. Not essential, but nice to have.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set up runs more efficiently

Is there a matrix type tool in ICM that allows you to easily set up complicated run set ups? i.e. for this 1 Model Network, these runs with use these rainfall files, inflow files, WWG, etc are needed.

Model Name
    Base Model

Rainfall Inflow WWG Tradeflows
    M5-30 Inf-M5-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-240 Inf-M5-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-960 Inf-M5-960 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-30 Inf-M10-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-240 Inf-M10-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-960Inf-M10-960 WWG1 Trade1

With same timesteps and 2D parameters?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for overlapping roughness zones in 2D

I have a model that has masses of roughness polygons. invariably some of these overlap. I also have overlapping roughness zones where I have 'donut' features. My life would be SO much easier if meshing didn't fail when the roughness zones overlap. Can we p[ease have the restriction on these relaxed? If we have to specify a priority then that would be acceptable. It doesn't seem to be a problem with HEC-RAS or TUFLOW.... :-)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for multiple screens

Would like to be able to work across multiple screens - plan view on one screen and long section/grid/graph on another.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Python scripting API for ICM

Our team uses Python scripting extensively for data analysis and manipulation, while Ruby is foreign to us.
    Please provide scripting support for Python for model manipulation and analysis.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better performance and functionalities of the recycle bin

In a workgroup database, the Recycle Bin today is more a nuisance than a useful feature. When there are too many items in it, it can delay the connection to the database considerably or even make it impossible to connect. The functionalities for selectively restoring or removing items are also very poor. E.g. you cannot select on the user who deleted items, or find the original path in the database where items were deleted from. The only real use is when you accidentally delete something and restore it immediately, but then maybe a personalised recycle bin which only exists during…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Additional keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts can really help speed up processes and workflows in InfoWorks ICM but some of the menu options do not yet have these. Would it be possible to add the missing keyboard shortcuts, specifically for repeatable tasks such as updating objects from ground models?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  4 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Part load ICM results

It would be helpful if you could open a specific part of a results file for a completed simulation run. For instance, schedule and complete a 10 year timeseries run but only load the last year of results.

As others have mentioned on here, the option to open part of a bigger results file would limit the unnecessary long regeneration times, you could pick which variables you would like to load e.g. runoff only or depths and flows, and you could perform reports on part of the results.

I appreciate I can run shorter periods i.e. yearly data rather than…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Convergence Errors be resolved automatically while the model is simulated

Sometime a TSR running for few weeks throws up convergence hence these sims need to be rerun with shorter timestep which is both inefficient and a lot of time is wasted. It would be good if somehow the simulations dialog allowed to run the model with Max and Min timestep so that when it encounters convergence there after the model runs with shorter timestep. (I understand the model does timestep halving but even then it fails to converge)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for this, there is already a mechanism available for achieving something very similar to this. If you have a network and then go to the simulation parameters for this network via Model > Model parameters > Simulation parameters then within these there is an entry for “Max number of timestep halvings”. Depending on the timestep in the run dialog and the entry in the simulation parameters here you will be able to determine the minimum computational timestep that the engine goes to before failing a simulation.

Hope this helps.

20. Select which result variables you want to save

The more functionalities become available in ICM, the larger results files grow and the less manageable they become (especially when running longer time series). In most cases people are only interested in very specific results (e.g. depth, flows, ... and not such things as all the detailed runoff components). So if one would be able to select at the simulation schedule which variables were to be stored), results file sizes (and hence results querying !) could be reduced enormeously.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base