Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow user default sorting of Master Database, and sorting of Layers and Themes properties

In InfoWorks ICM, allow the user to choose the default sorting of the Master Database and allow sorting of the Layers and Themes in Geoplan Properties and Themes.

I would like to be able to have the master database automatically/default sorted based on something else (description/ID/User/Date).

Would also like to sort the Layers & Themes dialogue, as it seems pretty random (not even alphabetical!) and often difficult to find the layer I'm looking for.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved Method to export videos / graphics from ICM

This suggestion is from NYC DEP. We would like the ability to more easily export results from ICM in video or picture format.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alert Action Repetition Control - repeat action after alert has been active for Xnr runs

We have a model set up to process the EA's flood alerts and send out warnings when new ones become active. The model runs every 30 minutes, so we pick up the latest alerts and the repetition control is set to once so people don't become drowned in alerts. I would like to be able, if the EA alert was still active, to repeat this alert 24 hours later - so maybe have an additional repetition control column to repeat the alert after Xnr model runs. So in this case 48 runs would give me my daily repeat of the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please provide Intellisense to the SQL Editor in ICM

I want the SQL Editor to help me write SQL queries by color coding and autocompleting data, similar to Intellisence.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use TSDB data streams in flexible graphs

Currently, I can graph individual TSDB streams, or once a simulation has run compare a TSDB stream with modelled data at a particular node. But it would be helpful if I could compare TSDB streams with other TSDB streams, or with multiple model locations, or with many other possibilities that I cant immediately think of.

The flexible custom graph already allows me to do that with modelled data and with data from events (rainfall, observed levels, etc): adding the ability to use TSDB streams would make this already useful function even more powerful.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Inserting channels into topography

Being able to insert channels into terrain rather than editing in 12D or other software would be more practical for smaller firms to turn around modelling ideas.

Landscape packages allow terrain meshes to be manipulated with tools that sink into mesh easily. Channels and swales need slope, not simply vertical depression to model correctly. XPStorm allows 1D modelling but this isn't useful for presentations and Civil 3d and 12d are catching up quickly now that rational method is being phased out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ground Surface Comparison with sceanarios

I am trying to calculate the excavation/fill volume by comparing my existing model with the proposed one. I know we can open simulation results with “As alternate results for comparison” which allows us to compare flooding depth from two different scenarios. I expect to have something like this for ground surface as well so that we can see the different ground elevation visually and/or numerically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  Terrain  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Realign feature

A new feature I’d like to see for lines/polygons is a ‘realign feature’ tool. When selected, if you clicked on a vertex in a line or on a polygon boundary (single click and release), it would ‘grab’ that vertex and allow you to move it. Once you placed it, when you move the mouse either direction along the line, it would AUTOMATICALLY grab the next vertex on the line. Right-clicking would bring up a menu allowing you to ‘release’ the line (leaving the ‘grabbed’ vertex in its original location), delete the grabbed vertex, insert a new vertex, or ‘skip’ a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. As a user, I would like to have warnings about the landuse polygon size that will greatly slow down the performance in XPSWMM.

Large number of land use polygons can greatly slow down the performance of XPSWMM, it can take up to 10 min to open and save a model. Ideally this issue should be fixed. Before that happens, if XPSWMM can warn the user for the large size of the landuse polygons, and provide links to ways to simplify the polygons or move landuse out as a reference layer, that will save the users lots of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create preset 2D inflow equation

Similar to inlet capacity, have the ability to create 2D inflow equations relative to inlet size and control depending on weir or orifice curves. This will allow the user to increase or change 2D inflow control easier and more standardized.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Select Assets with a given User Flag in any Properties Field

Allow assets to be selected/sorted (SQL or Grid View) based on a flag value in any properties field. This would make some model build and QA tasks much easier.

For example, data may be needed to properly model a serwerage pumping station but isn't available yet. An engineering judgement may be made with a user flag showing the data has been requested but that an engineering judgement has been made in the interim to allow model build to proceed. The ability to select/sort assets with this user flag in any property field would make user flags much more useful both…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Flow Survey importer

It would be good to update the flow survey object and importer, giving this a more updated feel and removing some of the steps.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Calibration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Conveyance on cross section lines

Provide cross section conveyance for each cross section

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SuDS Structures ID Table

Is there a way to generate a table that lists all Suds Structures IDs? I would like to see this so that I can review total area applied, make changes quickly, and also complete QA checks easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Orifice to limit flow in both directions

A limiting discharge set on an orifice should limit flow in both directions. Currently, the orifice limits flow in the forward direction; however, flow can go in the reverse direction at an unlimited rate. Hydraulically, if there is a physical feature that limits flow, it seems that it would limit to (for example) <10 l/s and > - 10 l/s.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include groundlevel as attribute in export network 2D mesh elements

When you export a model to shape for example, only the element id is included. You have to run a simulation (for a second) and then exporting maximum reveales the element ground level. It saves time to add the mesh element level to the export. Although easy to add in GIS, the element area is also a handy attribute

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The ability to save databases/models as previous versions for backwards compatibility

A few of our clients use different versions of InfoWorks for various reasons (some are resistant to upgrading until they've had a chance to vet the new versions and understand the changes in house). This can create a problem where we must maintain and build using multiple versions of the software and multiple databases for different versions to serve different clients.

I would like the ability to save a database/transportable database for compatibility of previous versions. Similar to what we have with AutoCAD, where you can work in the latest version, but choose which version to save it in. Currently…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support for different table schemas from SQL Server in the TSDB

We have a SQL Server database containing flow survey and rainfall data. All of the raw data is saved in one table and views are created for each monitor via a stored procedure,

We use schemas to control permissions on the database tables. Only the database owner can add or delete to the raw table (dbo schema) while any user can read from the views ("user interface" schema).

Currently, TSDB can see tables in any schema but can only read from those in the default (dbo) schema. Therefore, an error happens when trying to read from a view that has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. no flag update when updating via CSV

In ICM, when only updating a value via CSV file (Network -> Import -> Update from CSV files), the data flag should be left untouched instead of being "blanked" or updated with a new value (based on the "Flag to use for new/updated data" in the 'import from CSV data" screen)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Infoworks ICM - XPSWMM

Provide a easy model/network transport option from one program to the other. Many municipalities within WA utilise XPSWMM and therefore are note able to read an ICM model.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base