Water Distribution

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. in IWPro to have a symbol for easy indication of UPC attached to an asset

It can be difficult to tell if UPC is attached to a pump without checking every time. It would be very helpful to have a way to show UPC, such as similar to live data.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to experimental run simulation without commit in WS Pro

Be able to experimental runs simulation without commit in WS Pro

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you include scenarios in WS pro environment similar to ICM

ICM got the capability of the scenario modelling within the single network. H2Omap also had the same capability. Any possibility of having the same capability in WS pro?

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  2 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import demand scaling using CSV file on WS PRO

Please add the ability to import demand scaling using CSV file on WS PRO

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. As a user, I would like an automated method to allocate demands from meter points through lateral polyline to pipelines.

I need a way to allocate demand from a meter (point meter) to the pipe (polyline) based on the lateral connection (polyline) at end points.

Keep in mind:
    The features might not snap nor connect to pipes

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Water Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. display multiple scenario results on long section picks

For long section picks on model runs showing the hydraulic gradients etc. it would be useful when carrying out scenario work to be able to display more than one set of run results - currently have to export to excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Statistics in Demand Field Suming

I notice that the software seems to sum the individual demands in the DB editor with their rounded values. This caused a significant discrepancy when summing the demands in the individual pressure zones but they didn't add up the to total system demand shown in the run report. It seems like the summation in the DB editor should not be rounding the individual demands and then doing a sum, but rather using the true demands (to the decimal place they was loaded) and then doing a sum and rounding that overall sum.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

In Graph tool plot title include ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ e.g. “Hausegill SR (Reservoir: 004T4011)”. However in the Simulation report in only shows ‘Node ID ‘ e.g. ”004T4011”
    Could it be made consistent and for the Simulation report to include both ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ so plot titles are the same across different graphs components.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sorting 'Live Data Points’ by "Finish Date and Time" column

Sorting 'Live Data Points’ by "Finish Date and Time" column

In ‘Live Data Points’ tab it is not possible to sort items by grey fields such as "Start Date and Time" or "Finish Date and Time".
    I want to sort on "Finish Date and Time" so that assets with missing or old data are on the top of the list and can be investigated. If possible even if it is temporary data refreshed upon linked with Pi could sorting be added? If not sorting option should be disabled on columns that are not possible to use.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Telemetry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Default 'Start Time' for testing feed Time Range in Live Data Feed

Currently in Test Feed window of Live Data Feed both 'Start Time' and 'End Time' default to now. It would be better if the 'Start Time' as in the past (e.g. today minus one day). That way when connect to live data from Pi or Scada some output would be produced. At the moment with the current defaults the user always have to modify the 'Start Time'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Telemetry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Time varying initial water age profile

As a user it would be great to be able to add a time varying initial water age profile for transfer nodes. This would allow us to assess water age within the distribution network without having to combine models.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Water Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add zoom to and map navigation ability in the report tables for InfoWater Pro

I use both Bentley and Innovyze water modeling software and i have noticed that the Bentley software allows you to zoom to elements from the report tables and allows you to pan, click, review properties, etc. while the report table is open. It would be really nice if Innovyze could include a zoom to feature in the report tables (similar to what is already included in the DB editor), and allow the user to pan around in the map and click on elements while the report table is open.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. InfoWater: Report volume stored in tanks

I can calculate volume from level, but it's an extra step and requires that I copy the run results out to Excel. It's even more difficult if I have a non-circular tank. Please include tank volume in the tank results and in the "System Demand" report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes

Add an option to map to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes. At the moment it is not possible as the 'Customer Point Demand Assignment' option is a radio button.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multi-thread simulations

As a user I want to take advantage of multi-threaded CPUs to accelerate simulation intensive procedures (e.g. design calibration)

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  2 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V in InfoWater Pro

I could always copy and paste attributes via simple keyboard commands (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V) in classic InfoWater, but can no longer do that in InfoWater Pro. You can right click and select "Copy" or "Paste", but that takes longer. Bring back keyboard commands.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Extend flexibility in displaying information associated to HGL profiles

As an InfoWater user I'd like to be able to add more information to my HGL profile, including nodal pressure, pipe diameter, flow, velocity, etc. I'd like see max/min level achieved throughout the simulation and have the ability to quickly add pipes to profile

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. use of custom buttons over multiple models

At this time the custom action buttons are only relevant to the database. As a user who has a number of SQL toolboxes which I use across multiple models it would be highly beneficial if these custom action buttons could be set up in the software so they were applicable to all models opened

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base