Water Distribution

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. in IWPro to have a symbol for easy indication of UPC attached to an asset

It can be difficult to tell if UPC is attached to a pump without checking every time. It would be very helpful to have a way to show UPC, such as similar to live data.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. display multiple scenario results on long section picks

For long section picks on model runs showing the hydraulic gradients etc. it would be useful when carrying out scenario work to be able to display more than one set of run results - currently have to export to excel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatically Generate System Curves in Infoworks WS Pro

In InfoWorks WS Pro - A way to automatically generate a system curve for a pump would be extremely useful.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Initial Tank Levels

It would be great to be able to change the initial tank levels without having to create a whole new tank data set or putting a duplicate tank in the current data set. That way, the initial tank level condition can be changed for any given scenario without having to worry about changes in tank geometry across all scenarios. I believe WaterGEMS allows you to do this so it would be great to see this functionality in InfoWater. Perhaps initial tank levels could be placed under the Initial Node Status controls?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Run MSX in IWLive

There is massive interest in having a water quality model that shows pH, Nitrification, chlorine levels, age, and tracing in real time. Currently this is only possible for water age (the basic EPANET WQ does not allow for the source tracing and quality modeling we need).

Would be really nice to do these with IWLive with shorter duration Server runs (using the proceeding projection), as opposed to having to do 20 day runs in IWLive, export to InfoWater, then setup MSX there and run for another 20 days.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. As a user I would like to use Equivalent Persons (EP) for demand allocation.

As a user and working within a Queensland council, Equivalent Persons (EP) are used for Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) triggers and growth planning. As the Census data is used create a demand model to define development staging horizon demands.
    Currently, WSPro can handle no. of properties (l/service/day) which uses an integer but can’t handle Equivalent Persons (EP) that needs decimal formatting.
    Our council believes a work-around is not suitable and creates complexity to demand allocation. WSPro should be able to handle different mechanisms for demand allocation to support all councils in Queensland and across Australia.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  1 comment  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. As a user of InfoWorks WS PRO, I would like to better simulate FMV valves

In InfoWorks WS PRO is possible to simulate FMV valves, but I would like to introduce a "deviation" option to better simulate it.
    I give an example: imagine a valve whose pressure setting is 2 Bar if flow is from 0 to 10 L/s, and 2.5 Bar if flow is from 10 to 20 L/s. I would like to introduce the possibility to add a "flow deviation" parameter to avoid unexpected opening/closing when flow is close to 10 L/s. For example, we could set deviation at 0.5 L/s, so that pressure will remain 2 bar up to 10.5 L/s when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A simple way to get an upstream or downstream trace analysis for all objects (node or pipe)

In WS Pro
    Upstream/downstream tracing is easy for a single object.
    Obtaining a single useful value (i.e. property count) is easy for multiple objects.

Combining the two is very difficult at the moment in WS Pro

I want to be able to obtain, either for all objects or a selection, the value of data x upstream or downstream.

For example: length of mains upstream, no of properties downstream

This would be a really powerful risk assessment tool but also useful for quick operational analysis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trace an isolation to a 2-valve shut down

Denver Water has a massive outage program that runs a minimum of 6 months per year. All outages are modeled. For nearly all outages, 2 valves are shut down for safety. Having the isolation trace in IWLive contain an option to trace to the 2nd valve would be really useful and make this process significantly easier!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. IWLive Pro to adopt simulation periods of ICMLive

Each simulation has a hindcast period, now and a forecast period

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Simple dashboard for control room

As a user I want to be able to model reservoir drain down and loss of supply sites during an incident showing results in the control room (mostly be used by people with no hydraulic modelling experience)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base