Water Distribution

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to rename datasets, patterns, queries, etc

1. Allow the "Change ID" tool to rename datasets, patterns, queries, etc.

2. Make the "Change ID" window wider or resizeable to fit longer IDs.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automate concurrent Fireflow simulations

When you integrate InfoWater into the InfoWorks platform, it would be great if you could ensure that FireFlow simulations can be scheduled and automatically run sequentially for different network scenarios. As far as I am aware this is not possible using the exsiting InfoWater platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. IWLive Pro to adopt simulation periods of ICMLive

Each simulation has a hindcast period, now and a forecast period

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Initial Tank Levels

It would be great to be able to change the initial tank levels without having to create a whole new tank data set or putting a duplicate tank in the current data set. That way, the initial tank level condition can be changed for any given scenario without having to worry about changes in tank geometry across all scenarios. I believe WaterGEMS allows you to do this so it would be great to see this functionality in InfoWater. Perhaps initial tank levels could be placed under the Initial Node Status controls?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. As a user I would like to use Equivalent Persons (EP) for demand allocation.

As a user and working within a Queensland council, Equivalent Persons (EP) are used for Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) triggers and growth planning. As the Census data is used create a demand model to define development staging horizon demands.
    Currently, WSPro can handle no. of properties (l/service/day) which uses an integer but can’t handle Equivalent Persons (EP) that needs decimal formatting.
    Our council believes a work-around is not suitable and creates complexity to demand allocation. WSPro should be able to handle different mechanisms for demand allocation to support all councils in Queensland and across Australia.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  1 comment  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have an indicator of the date/time of last successful model run

Add a date/time stamp for the last successful model run somewhere in the run manager window would be helpful. Once a run has been completed, it is possible for a user to make changes to the model which would affect the hydraulics, yet the stoplight still shows green/yellow. It's possible for a user to THINK they have completed a run with the latest changes despite their not being incorporated.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically Generate System Curves in Infoworks WS Pro

In InfoWorks WS Pro - A way to automatically generate a system curve for a pump would be extremely useful.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. clearer ArcGIS version info

Would be good to see clearer version info on innovyze.force.com...
    The old site innovyze.com/updates was better viz "for ArcGIS 10.3-10.7"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. As a planner, I want a single, integrated modelling platform to represent the water supply, sewerage and drainage (1D/2D) system.

Melbourne Water has successfully completed a pilot modelling study using InfoWorks ICM to build a single integrated model to represent the water supply, sewerage and drainage system (including overland flooding) for a proposed redevelopment area (27,000 lots) in Melbourne.

The study explored the capabilities of the software to model the urban water cycle. It has identified some significant advantages to an integrated modelling approach, however there are some key limitations of the software and hardware which limit its future use.

We have published a joint paper that discussed the need and the concept and that can be make available upon…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow copying of model object Sub-themes to Theme objects in the db tree

The ability to use the 'copy sub-theme' functionality from the Properties & Themes dialog to copy sub-themes to Theme objects that are saved in the database tree.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multi-thread simulations

As a user I want to take advantage of multi-threaded CPUs to accelerate simulation intensive procedures (e.g. design calibration)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  2 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Report on model calibration

As a user I want to be able to easily assess model calibration based on comparison with telemetry

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Telemetry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. InfoAsset integration

As a user I want to be able to generate workorder based on my UDF flushing sequence/generate UDF flushing sequence out of work orders

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. GMR to report on Live Data comparison

As a user I want to be able to use the GMR to calibrate my model. As such GMR needs to be improved to consider variation between model and telemetry

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve model maintenance

As a user I want to be able automate my model build maintenance activity so that my hydraulic model always reflects the asset repository

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multi-species water quality

As a user I want to be able to handle multi-solute water quality defining my own set of equations (same as EPANET MSX)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  2 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need a way to define modelling scenarios

As a user I want to be able to define hierarchy for my modelling scenarios (parent Vs child) so that I can easily change network/controls on my parent scenario and cascade the change to all childs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Simple dashboard for control room

As a user I want to be able to model reservoir drain down and loss of supply sites during an incident showing results in the control room (mostly be used by people with no hydraulic modelling experience)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. For fire flow simulations, I would like to have range reports for pipes, valves, pumps, reservoirs, and tanks.

For example, I would like to know the maximum, minimum, and average velocity through each PRV across all fire flow runs in a simulation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)