Water Distribution

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow copying of model object Sub-themes to Theme objects in the db tree

The ability to use the 'copy sub-theme' functionality from the Properties & Themes dialog to copy sub-themes to Theme objects that are saved in the database tree.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. clearer ArcGIS version info

Would be good to see clearer version info on innovyze.force.com...
    The old site innovyze.com/updates was better viz "for ArcGIS 10.3-10.7"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. display multiple scenario results on long section picks

For long section picks on model runs showing the hydraulic gradients etc. it would be useful when carrying out scenario work to be able to display more than one set of run results - currently have to export to excel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes

Add an option to map to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes. At the moment it is not possible as the 'Customer Point Demand Assignment' option is a radio button.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to be able to see what connected Agents are doing and trouble shoot connections from within WS Pro

A command centre program for WS Pro/IWLive runs which shows connected agents and marshallers and all the runs in a simulation workgroup in one place.
    Better simulation workgroup diagnostics.

I am trying to trouble shoot remote VPN issues and the IT guys don't understand what WS Pro is doing and Innovyze think it is VPN/firewall issues. Very hard to resolve as the issue is hard (impossible) to diagnose from within the software. The Marshaller can see all the remote agents, but is unable to send a sim to them over VPN. This worked fine when we were all onsite but…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Run MSX in IWLive

There is massive interest in having a water quality model that shows pH, Nitrification, chlorine levels, age, and tracing in real time. Currently this is only possible for water age (the basic EPANET WQ does not allow for the source tracing and quality modeling we need).

Would be really nice to do these with IWLive with shorter duration Server runs (using the proceeding projection), as opposed to having to do 20 day runs in IWLive, export to InfoWater, then setup MSX there and run for another 20 days.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. water age - representing re-chlorination station by resetting age to 0 hrs

Depending on the size of the distribution/reticulation system water is often chlorination at the WTP and re-chlorinated at various locations within the network.

There is no way to reset the water age value at a reservoir or node etc. to represent a re-chlorination station. This makes it difficult to get an idea of the age of water in the reticulation since passing the last re-chlorination station.

Can this feature be added to the model?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Head Units

In WS Pro it would be useful to be able to set the units for head in m AD. This used to be an option in WS. It can be confusing for people starting in or not familiar with modelling to differentiate between pressure and head and having this option would really help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Node Name Generation Default

In WS PRO it would be great to be able to set Node Name Generation format as a default for all networks in a database instead of having to enter it in every time I want to add nodes to a network

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Smart meters

Water utilities in Australia are installing smart meters in domestic and other non residential properties. Smart meters generates large data sets at each and every individual properties. Any thoughts to integrate those data in to the distribution network models?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support variable speed in live data

Variable speed is now an unsupported attribute in live data.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Telemetry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set Area Codes- InfoWorks WS Pro

Add an "Exclude Selection List" option to the "set Area Codes" tool in IW WS Pro so that you can exclude selected links from the area code trace.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve model maintenance

As a user I want to be able automate my model build maintenance activity so that my hydraulic model always reflects the asset repository

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be able to change the background colour

In InfoWorks the background colour for the GeoPlan is white - it would be beneficial to change this colour to the users choice to make particular features stand-out more clearly in the GeoPlan view

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add new run groups and move existing runs to these

I’ve currently got one very big run group which should’ve really been split into several different ones.
    Is there a way to move around runs? In the explorer there’s only really the option to duplicate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automate concurrent Fireflow simulations

When you integrate InfoWater into the InfoWorks platform, it would be great if you could ensure that FireFlow simulations can be scheduled and automatically run sequentially for different network scenarios. As far as I am aware this is not possible using the exsiting InfoWater platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need a way to define modelling scenarios

As a user I want to be able to define hierarchy for my modelling scenarios (parent Vs child) so that I can easily change network/controls on my parent scenario and cascade the change to all childs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Simple Criticality Assessment Manager reporting in InfoWater Pro

I want a simple report for each pounded area between valves, reporting the length of pipe affected, number of customers, number of critical customers, amount of demand taken offline by isolation, and possibly the total volume of demand lost between a specified time range.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Statistics in Demand Field Suming

I notice that the software seems to sum the individual demands in the DB editor with their rounded values. This caused a significant discrepancy when summing the demands in the individual pressure zones but they didn't add up the to total system demand shown in the run report. It seems like the summation in the DB editor should not be rounding the individual demands and then doing a sum, but rather using the true demands (to the decimal place they was loaded) and then doing a sum and rounding that overall sum.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

In Graph tool plot title include ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ e.g. “Hausegill SR (Reservoir: 004T4011)”. However in the Simulation report in only shows ‘Node ID ‘ e.g. ”004T4011”
    Could it be made consistent and for the Simulation report to include both ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ so plot titles are the same across different graphs components.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base