Water Distribution

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sorting 'Live Data Points’ by "Finish Date and Time" column

Sorting 'Live Data Points’ by "Finish Date and Time" column

In ‘Live Data Points’ tab it is not possible to sort items by grey fields such as "Start Date and Time" or "Finish Date and Time".
    I want to sort on "Finish Date and Time" so that assets with missing or old data are on the top of the list and can be investigated. If possible even if it is temporary data refreshed upon linked with Pi could sorting be added? If not sorting option should be disabled on columns that are not possible to use.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Telemetry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Water Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add zoom to and map navigation ability in the report tables for InfoWater Pro

I use both Bentley and Innovyze water modeling software and i have noticed that the Bentley software allows you to zoom to elements from the report tables and allows you to pan, click, review properties, etc. while the report table is open. It would be really nice if Innovyze could include a zoom to feature in the report tables (similar to what is already included in the DB editor), and allow the user to pan around in the map and click on elements while the report table is open.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like more informative error messages when trying to Change an ID

I tried to change the ID for a pump, but I overlooked the “Target Element Type” dropdown, which was automatically set to junction.

It took me a while to realize my mistake. It might be helpful to other users if the error messages/warnings (see below) were a bit more informative… I’d suggest something like “WARNING: Junction ID ‘P1240’ does not exist.” I think this would have helped me realize my error much sooner.

WARNING: unable to change Junction ID from 'P1240' to 'P1241'.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit Pump and Valve Curves in IWLive

IWLive is the perfect platform to examine how well valve and pump curves are simulating the actual behavior under a wide range of system conditions. If these could be modified in an incident run, it would save lots of time going back to WS to modify them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Boundary trace toolbar shortcut

I often use the boundary trace tool to understand the extent of a DMA/PMA. Currently, we have to go to Geoplan -> Tracing Tools -> Boundary Trace, and it would be a lot easier if it was available as a toolbar shortcut.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trace an isolation to a 2-valve shut down

Denver Water has a massive outage program that runs a minimum of 6 months per year. All outages are modeled. For nearly all outages, 2 valves are shut down for safety. Having the isolation trace in IWLive contain an option to trace to the 2nd valve would be really useful and make this process significantly easier!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want to learn more about the Sustainability Module for Energy Efficiency modelling

We are investigating the energy efficiency and potential energy savings of our potable water network and have been employing InfoWater Sustainability Module to assist us with this. We want to understand and maximise the use of the Sustainability Module by having a test model and tutorial manual to explain further the inputs and outputs and to replicate the expected results from the test model. We are using our own model but cannot determine the validity of our outputs and ultimately want to rank our least efficient networks. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enhance the performance of domains in InfoWater Pro

There is no reason an ArcGIS selection should work 5-50x faster than using domain tools in InfoWater. ArcGIS made great enhancements to ArcGIS Pro and utilizing a 64-bit environment. InfoWater could be much improved from a performance perspective

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improvements to custom DB table fields

1. Ability to modify the length of custom fields in the DB tables after they have been created. This is particularly a problem when you create a text field, but realize later it is too short. Another option would be to make the default text length 250 characters rather than 20.

2. Better manager for custom fields. The user should be able to create a field once and choose which information DB tables to add it to. See example at link. https://ibb.co/CbFKnn2

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Specify number of demands

I almost never need to use all 10 demand fields in InfoWater. The ability to specify the number of demand fields needed would save space in the demand DB table and in the Model Explorer window and make viewing these windows easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Zoom-dependent visibility of flow direction arrows

Flow direction arrows slow down the display significantly when zooming out on a large model. It would be useful to specify the scale at which they will be shown, similar to ArcMap layers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reset the active facilities query without changing scenarios

When scenarios use a query set to define the active facilities, it would be useful to be able to re-run the query and update the active/inactive facilities without changing scenarios. Changing scenarios can be very slow for large models.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. IWLive Pro to adopt simulation periods of ICMLive

Each simulation has a hindcast period, now and a forecast period

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. For fire flow simulations, I would like to have range reports for pipes, valves, pumps, reservoirs, and tanks.

For example, I would like to know the maximum, minimum, and average velocity through each PRV across all fire flow runs in a simulation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a button or function key to re-run the last model run

This would speed up the process of model calibration, where I would be adjusting a pipe roughness, PRV or PS control and run the model after each adjustment. Instead of opening the run schedule and clicking run and then ok, a run button or function key would speed this up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want to be able to put be able to customize what shows up in "pipes to flush" box

Would like to be able to use any attribute within feature class in "pipes to flush" box so that can be easier to customize and communicate with field team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. InfoWater: Report volume stored in tanks

I can calculate volume from level, but it's an extra step and requires that I copy the run results out to Excel. It's even more difficult if I have a non-circular tank. Please include tank volume in the tank results and in the "System Demand" report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base