Water Distribution

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data Sets

It would be very helpful if, for any data set that is created by creating a clone of another data set, you could keep track of that. Perhaps a visually branched system of data sets to see if any of the sets were created based on another set. That is how WaterGEMS shows their data sets (aka alternatives). Or some other way of keeping track of which data sets were cloned, with options for recording when it was cloned and a more in-depth description/reasoning.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multi-fireflow in WS Pro

Currently, the available built-in fireflow options in WS Pro run for individual nodes/hydrants as if no hydrant in the system is open. Adding the ability to run multiple hydrants that are opened simultaneously will be very useful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple control options

Assets with controls (Pumps, PRVs etc.) should have multiple control options.

So Control 1 could be a control regime applicable to model calibration.

Control 2 could be control relevant to a General Applications model,

Controls 3, 4, 5 etc could be used for modelling specific scenarios for analyses.

A tick box would enable (and disable) which control is used in the model run.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. inlet riser option for tank

Have an option to specify an Inlet Riser Pipe for the tank element. This would hold the fill head at a constant, set at the riser pipe elevation, but allow the tank discharge head vary with the tank level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to be able to customize the minor loss table for pipe networks.

It would be nice if the user could modify the minor loss table for pipes. Whether it be changing the minor loss values, deleting, or editing the existing values. Since we all have our own resource we typical reference for these values, it would be nice to import those values and have that database saved in Infowater to make it easy to add all bends, etc. while building a model.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically Generate System Curves in Infoworks WS Pro

In InfoWorks WS Pro - A way to automatically generate a system curve for a pump would be extremely useful.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Initial Tank Levels

It would be great to be able to change the initial tank levels without having to create a whole new tank data set or putting a duplicate tank in the current data set. That way, the initial tank level condition can be changed for any given scenario without having to worry about changes in tank geometry across all scenarios. I believe WaterGEMS allows you to do this so it would be great to see this functionality in InfoWater. Perhaps initial tank levels could be placed under the Initial Node Status controls?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Operational Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. As a user I would like to use Equivalent Persons (EP) for demand allocation.

As a user and working within a Queensland council, Equivalent Persons (EP) are used for Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) triggers and growth planning. As the Census data is used create a demand model to define development staging horizon demands.
    Currently, WSPro can handle no. of properties (l/service/day) which uses an integer but can’t handle Equivalent Persons (EP) that needs decimal formatting.
    Our council believes a work-around is not suitable and creates complexity to demand allocation. WSPro should be able to handle different mechanisms for demand allocation to support all councils in Queensland and across Australia.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As a user of InfoWorks WS PRO, I would like to better simulate FMV valves

In InfoWorks WS PRO is possible to simulate FMV valves, but I would like to introduce a "deviation" option to better simulate it.
    I give an example: imagine a valve whose pressure setting is 2 Bar if flow is from 0 to 10 L/s, and 2.5 Bar if flow is from 10 to 20 L/s. I would like to introduce the possibility to add a "flow deviation" parameter to avoid unexpected opening/closing when flow is close to 10 L/s. For example, we could set deviation at 0.5 L/s, so that pressure will remain 2 bar up to 10.5 L/s when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A simple way to get an upstream or downstream trace analysis for all objects (node or pipe)

In WS Pro
    Upstream/downstream tracing is easy for a single object.
    Obtaining a single useful value (i.e. property count) is easy for multiple objects.

Combining the two is very difficult at the moment in WS Pro

I want to be able to obtain, either for all objects or a selection, the value of data x upstream or downstream.

For example: length of mains upstream, no of properties downstream

This would be a really powerful risk assessment tool but also useful for quick operational analysis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. IWLive Pro to adopt simulation periods of ICMLive

Each simulation has a hindcast period, now and a forecast period

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Simple dashboard for control room

As a user I want to be able to model reservoir drain down and loss of supply sites during an incident showing results in the control room (mostly be used by people with no hydraulic modelling experience)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base